Wednesday, October 12, 2011

More "Why I Am An Atheist" papers from PZ’s place

This paper is from Gwen, in CA.
"Simple. I read the bible. At 11. After reading through Norse, Roman, Egyptian and Greek mythology. I recognized they were the same. My mother was ecstatic, My father not so much. Oh, and I am African American. My mother was an atheist, and so are my children…they also came there with some guidance, but of their own volition."
Gwen
California
It’s always interesting to hear about children making these sorts of “rational” decisions. Theism actually has nothing to do with the bible. The bible attains value only after theism is agreed to. So Atheists who reject the bible still have not produced a valid reason for rejecting the existence of a non-material cause for the universe.

Since the rational part of the mind doesn’t develop until late adolescence / early adulthood, the rational decisions of children are suspect. Which is why all presuppositions should be reviewed as a mature adult, and after learning the concepts of valid reasoning.

No comments: