Monday, May 6, 2013

From The Left, this week

The New Civility at Work:

1. Dan Perry, editor, Aurora Sentinel:
“I have seen the light. After all these years, I now agree that it’s fruitless to give the benefit of the doubt to people who are so obviously corrupt, so clearly malevolent, so bent on hurting innocent people for their own sick gain.

No more due process in the clear-cut case of insidious terrorism. When the facts are so clearly before all Americans, for the whole world to see, why bother with this country’s odious and cumbersome system of justice? Send the guilty monsters directly to Guantanamo Bay for all eternity and let them rot in their own mental squalor.

No, no, no. Not the wannabe sick kid who blew up the Boston marathon or the freak that’s mailing ricin-laced letters to the president. I’m talking about the real terrorist threat here in America: the National Rifle Association.”

At first you might think he is joking; he is not. He is an editor, a Leftist, and he quotes other editors too. This is truth spoken rarely, not a moment of haste. He had time to temper his comments, and did not. He wants me imprisoned forever. No Second Amendment for me, no disagreement for me, because I hurt people. Oh of course, not really: I don’t ever shoot anyone, and very likely no one else in the NRA ever shot anyone. Except Dick Cheney, in a stupid accident, and anyway, it’s not certain that he’s in the NRA. But we are guilty of terrorism anyway.

Yes I see. I am the terrorist in the view of the Leftists. At least that is the charge, because I am a danger… to them and their hegemony over the Herd; the herd must be disarmed, step by step. It’s a totalitarian dream: they must get rid of me without the fuss of due process under the (living) constitution. And anyone they decide to accuse and hate, as well. Leftist totalitarianism has exploded out of this man. “Imprison them for all eternity.”

Shut down Guantanamo? Nah. For the Left it has its uses.

I’m not a member of the NRA. But I will defend them and their right to defend the right to bear arms. The culture war has long since turned totalitarian vs freedom; hegemony vs. constitution.

2. Dan Savage wishes cancer on Palin.

3. In defense of civility, Bill Richardson revokes Ted Cruz’ hispanicisity.

4. Dan Rather: Obama's Opponents 'Want to Cut His Heart Out and Throw His Liver to the Dogs'

3 comments:

Tch Tch said...

Dan's da man! ;)

Stan said...

And here Tch Tch represents the AtheoLeft quite well: tolerate all hate if it comes from the Left; in fact, give it a rousing second motion: tolerate nothing if it is critical of the Left.

This is a fine demonstration of the mental issues involved with Leftism.

Rikalonius said...

I'd say "Molon labe!" I'd say "You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands;" but that is all cliche now. It's bluster, and I'm no longer blustering. I'm preparing, and waiting for the inevitable.