Friday, December 12, 2014

To Lena Dunham, From An Actual Victim

Lena Dunham, I Don’t Believe You

"Lena Dunham, I don’t believe you. I don’t believe anything that comes out of your mouth. I don’t believe that you were raped or sexually assaulted. I don’t believe that you are a victim or a survivor.

I believe that you are a psychopath that needs to be the center of attention. I do believe that you are an uncaring, unintelligent, immoral liar. I do believe that you were foolish enough to think that you could write whatever you wanted in your pointless book without any repercussions. I do believe that you didn’t think people would try to find out who your alleged rapist was, and you didn’t think that you would quite probably ruin a man’s life. I believe you didn’t care one bit. "
The author, Amy Taylor, actually was abused:
"As I type this, I have a throbbing migraine because I had a panic attack today. Do you know why, Lena Dunham? I had a panic attack because in my fitness class, I heard a song that reminded me of my abusive ex-husband. When that happens, I have to stop what I am doing, and I have to get down on the floor, put my head between my knees and force myself to breathe. Meanwhile, I have to focus on not remembering abuse episodes because if I do I will vomit. It’s very embarrassing, and it is horrible for the people who see these episodes of mine.

Do you know that when I first started telling people that I was being abused no one believed me? Why? Because women like you, Lena, who come forward with these unbelievably vague allegations, trying to “protect” your abuser, ruin it for those of us who are trying to escape a horrifying situation. We need help, but no one believes us because liars like you, and many, many more, have some psychotic idea that it would be fun to pretend to be a victim for a little while… mostly just so that you can get the title “survivor” and achieve some momentary fame.

What I find even more egregious is that you use the textbook examples of how abuse victims feel about our abuse. You say you were ashamed. You were afraid of judgment. You were afraid that no man would ever want you – which is ironic because you are supposed to be a far Leftist Feminazi that doesn’t care if men want her or not. You say you didn’t want to tell your story out of fear you would be “re-victimized”. You say you didn’t want to prosecute or open investigations.

I never felt ashamed that I was abused, and I still don’t. I don’t feel guilty. I don’t even feel fearful anymore. I never felt that a man would never want me again. I knew that my family loved me enough to see past my scars, and most people now, after they hear my story of why I am having a panic attack, don’t judge me. I chose to have my ex-husband prosecuted, and at trial I was never once made to feel like it was my fault. I was never re-victimized. I told my story, and the judge, prosecutor, and my ex-husband’s defense attorney were all extremely kind.

You haven’t raised awareness of sexual assault, rape, or abuse. You haven’t made it easier for women to be empowered to tell people when they are raped. You haven’t encouraged a dialogue to take place about these hard topics. All you have done is propagate more stereotypes, and you have made it even harder for the true victims to receive the help and assistance they need. You’ve also potentially ruined an innocent man’s life.

So, Lena Dunham, when I was down on the floor today, wheezing, fighting hard not to fall back into those terrifying memories while I simultaneously try not to puke, I realized that women like you don’t know how truly awful moments like these are for women like me. These are moments when I try hard not to see the faces of the people who didn’t believe me because I know that they are only victims of women like you – women who lie to seek the attention status of “survivor”. "
Kindly give the link a hit, thanks.

No comments: